Thursday, April 8, 2010

FYI to Students

If you are a student of some kind and want to be responsible and notify your instructor if you're going to be absent, that's great. However, there is a line. There are things you just don't need to share.

Case in point:

"Mr. Brown
I was unable to make it to class today. I have a urinary tract infection and would have been interrupting class, running to the bathroom every ten minutes. Please let me know any assignments I missed. Thank you!"

That's a little something I like to call....

TMI!

2 comments:

Dan said...

Perhaps this is a "legitimate emergency" and the student did not want to lose credit for any assignments that were due. And I agree 100% UTI=TMI

Paul and Linda said...

Me : "Helen, we missed you yesterday."

Helen : "I know ! My Mom bent over the oven to get out the dish and made a big scream ! We went to the Dr. and then our Mom told us on the way home that we are having another baby !"

Moral : No more casseroles !