Friday, June 17, 2011

Film Quiz Friday

Clark wins again! Twice in three weeks. Most impressive, my friend. However, since you did just win, I'm going to let you just keep basking in the glory of your virtual General Tso's for now. No new fabulous prize this week.



Anyway, as Clark correctly guessed, this week's film was the 1953 Richard Burton vehicle, The Robe. Burton plays the Roman soldier who ends up with Christ's robe after the crucifixion. It's very much in the classical Hollywood Bible epic mode (though it is, of course, extra-Biblical to say the least) and it was the first film released in the widescreen format Cinemascope. It is also the only film with Richard Burton I've ever seen all the way through. Not sure what the big deal was.

This week's quote is from a little treat of a movie that is seasonally appropriate for this time of year. Both its male and female leads have gone on to quite healthy film careers and its writer/director found a home working in television following his spate of films in the 1980s. Hint: the female lead is probably more famous for who she is married to now than for her film career. Good luck!

"Why am I talking to you? You're not a man, you're a cat! Go back to your feline world!"

4 comments:

Unknown said...

General Tso's lasts a good long time. Thanks!!

Paul and Linda said...

I throw in my towel ... my fav's of the 80's were Dirty Dancing, Ferris Buehler, and Mystic Pizza ! There were no "cats" in any of those !

Take it away Karen and Ang ... this woman retreats !

Karen said...

The only movie I think of is "That Darn Cat!" But that movie dates me and I know was just a wee bit before the 80's. Oh well.

Captain Admiral said...

One Crazy Summer.

Wheee. I win.