Thursday, November 29, 2007

29 Things

So it's been over a week since I last posted. In the last seven days, I have eaten a lot of really good holiday food, traveled to Florida, spent a ridiculous amount of money on park admission and food, walked all over Uncle Walt's creation, had a wonderfully good time with my family, traveled back to freezing Michigan, written a paper on Arendtian Action and the African concept of ubuntu, watched a lame film adaptation of Athol Fugard's Tsotsi, and taught my students about the proper use of quotation marks using a homemade worksheet about Snoop Dogg drinking Kool-Aid from his gold-encrusted goblet. Yes, it's been a full week.

Consequently, there's much to write about. I kept notes on our trip to Disney World and I'll offer a few highlights later once I have access to the photos but for now I think I'll post a couple of random things. First of all, something I stole from Tracy's website:

29 Things About Suzanne

1. Who is your woman?
I can’t really claim ownership, but my sweetheart is the one and only, Suzanne Marie Day Brown.

2. How long have you been together?
If you count our dating time, it's been close to ten years. Officially, our 9th wedding anniversary is December 19th.

3. How long did you date?
We knew each other for four years before we actually started dating. Once we became a couple, we dated for less than a year.

4. How old is your woman?
33

5. Who eats more?

Me. Easily. Hands down. In fact, if you put your hands down on the table, I may eat them too.

6. Who said “I love you” first?
Hmmm. I think it was me.

7. Who is taller?
Me, although not by much. It's pretty cool being with a tall woman. She's powerful, y'know?

8. Who sings better?
Neither of us. Singing time at FHE is pretty rocky at our house. (Although if I was allowed to sing hymns Mel Torme-style, I'd totally be the better singer. I sound great when I do that.)

9. Who is smarter?

We're both pretty intelligent people. Suzanne has a very clear, logical mind and she can organize with almost alarming efficiency. I think we're equally smart, just about different subjects.

10. Whose temper is worse?
Hers.

11. Who does the laundry?
We both do but I'm swiftly losing my laundry privileges. I ruined a sweater and a shirt of hers last week by drying them when they weren't meant to be dried. Maybe we're not equally intelligent after all.

12. Who takes out the garbage?
Me.

13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed?
If you're looking at the bed or laying in the bed?

14. Who pays the bills?
Me

15. Who is better with the computer?
She is.

16. Who mows the lawn?
I do.

17. Who cooks dinner?
Usually her. She's infinitely better at it. I am the king of homemade cheese burgers, soups, and chocolate chip cookies but Suzanne is better at everything else. (Actually, she's probably better at those too but they just happen to be the things I don't mind making.)

18. Who drives when you are together?

Me. "It's not a 'man thang,' it's just how I get down." (Name that movie folks.)

19. Who pays when you go out?
Depends on who has money in their account that day and who paid last.

20. Who is most stubborn?
Uhhhhhhh

21. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong?
Hmm. Probably me.

22. Whose parents do you see the most?
Hers but I talk to mine more often.

23. Who kissed who first?
I kissed her after she goaded me into it.

24. Who asked who out?

Me, I guess but there is much debate as to what qualifies as our first date. According to Suzanne, it took place in 1993. According to me, it didn't happen until 1998.

25. Who proposed?

I did. In a cemetery.

26. Who is more sensitive?
Her. But I have my moments.

27. Who has more friends?
Here? Probably Suzanne. I don't really have friends. Sniff sniff.

28. Who has more siblings?
She does. 6 kids in her family, 4 in mine. But my siblings are all boys and most of her siblings are scrawny girls so if we ever got into a family to family rumble, the Browns would totally win.

29. Who wears the pants in the family?
We work on sharing the pants. Co-pants.

1 comment:

Suzy said...

Co-pants indeed. Thanks.