Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Spring

I know the first day of spring officially already happened. But for me, the actual first day is when it hits 70 degrees or above.

Guess what?

If the National Weather Service is on its game (and I have every confidence it is - they hire all the real rock star meteorologists, I've heard) tomorrow is the first day of spring here in Tonica, Illinois.

74 degrees tomorrow and, crazily enough, 81 the next day.

Yay for us.

In other news, as it turns out, watching Kate Gosselin try to ballroom dance is actually just as excruciating as it was to watch her parent. I kind of wanted her to be good on Dancing With The Stars. I don't know why - I really don't like her on any level. Maybe it's because I wanted to find something to like about her. Alas. She's super bad. It's embarrassing to watch.

Other thoughts? You bet. Buzz Aldrin? WTH? The man is a legitimate American hero. WHY is he on this show? I'm all in favor of the unexpected contestants but I also believe some people are just above it. Buzz Aldrin ought to be one of them.

Also, the girl from Pussycat Dolls? She's a professional dancer for crying out loud. Lord knows, no one likes that bunch because of their singing. Why is she on this show that is supposed to be for amateurs? She got two tens on the second week of competition when others are getting fours and fives. Doesn't that sort of suggest an imbalance of some sort?

Anyway, I have things to say about recent revelations on Lost but they will have to wait. The newest episode is starting in less than five minutes. Can't write and watch at the same time.

1 comment:

Paul and Linda said...

I pledged that I would not get hooked on DWTS this season. They have gone from "B" stars to "C" and "D" stars, and in some cases "0" stars. I also pledged that I would do nothing to advance the career of Kate "woe is me" Gosselin.

Instead, I am improving my mind by watching AI and the panel of What-the-Heck Jedches ... including the very knowledgeable Ellen.

I predict AI is looking at it's last season !