Tuesday, December 4, 2007

All I Want For Christmas. . .

A good messenger bag to replace my old one. My mom's repair job prolonged its life by another year probably but it is now about to give up the ghost. It's remarkable that a 15 dollar bag from Old Navy lasted as long as it did. The bag above is neither from Old Navy nor is it only 15 dollars.



A "Made In Detroit" shirt. Not because I was made in Detroit, (I was made in Idaho, thankyewveddymuch!) but because I have some pride in living and working here. Also because I think the design of this shirt rocks.


Alfred Hitchcock's Rear Window. Yes, Hitchcock was a genius. Yes, it's a brilliant movie that works on more levels (ha ha) than you can count. Yes, it is a terrific example of set design. Yes, it's an interesting piece of work by Jimmy Stewart as he was trying to darken and diversify his image as an actor. All true. But mostly I'm just madly in love with Grace Kelly. Or Lisa Carol Fremont, I'm not sure which.


A good compass. Because every good Boy Scout should have one.


A Blick 906 Etching Press. Okay, so it costs roughly the same as a small car but only a small car from Yugoslavia. Sure, I could pay half a month's rent with what it would cost to buy this bad boy but if I did have it, I could crank out dozens and dozens of lino prints at a time and wouldn't have to use the back of a steel spoon to make my mark!



Why not?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bet you will get the etching press and pony, but not that other stuff you asked for. Too expensive. What do you think people are...made of money?

Paul and Linda said...

Keep your eye out for white chocolate covered oreos !
Tradition is worth more than an etching press, for heaven's sake ! :)