Tuesday, December 18, 2007

How I Spent My Sunday Morning

Nothing says Sabbath worship like nearly snapping my spine in two while shoveling ten inches of snow off my driveway. Happily, Suzanne and the girls helped. (Okay, Suzanne helped. The girls did exactly what little girls are supposed to do after the first big snow of the year and proceeded to get freezing cold and soaking wet while not listening to anything I said.)


The impressive overhang that accumulated above our front porch. Spoilsport that I am, I dragged it down with a rake. It's not as fun as waiting for it to collapse at just the wrong moment but, hey, who ever said I was fun?


Self-portrait.


In case you couldn't tell already, I'm deeply in love with late afternoon winter light.


The wonderful upside to the little winter onslaught was that Monday was a snow day for me and the girls. Poor Suzanne was not so fortunate. She may make the big bucks but, by golly, they're gonna make her come in every. single. day. Since I get paid next to nothing, when it snows my bosses just figure, "Ehh, what's the difference? Let's just look under the couch cushions and we'll find enough for his next paycheck."

No comments: