Friday, May 15, 2009

Burning Questions

Why is it that my dullest, most uninteresting, unmotivated students are the ones who want to become cops and probation officers?

Why are female athletes always better students than male athletes?

What is it about motorcycles that encourages their drivers to act like completely arrogant, overcompensating idiots? (Once yours starts running, Dan, this had better not happen to you.)

When is it exactly that we grow up?

Why are skinny jeans back in style?

Do the makers of Love, Actually know what a trite piece of garbage they made?

Why is it that the students who don't need the points ask for extra credit and the ones who need the help never seek it out?

Why is Dick Cheney still talking?

Why did I drink so much diet Pepsi at dinner?

What is my problem?

8 comments:

Paul and Linda said...

Dick Cheney ? DICK CHENEY ? Why is Nancy Pelosi still on the earth ???

Shalee said...

Good food for thought....

Anonymous said...

Shame on Dick Cheney for not allowing cherry picking, but asking to tell the who story.. bad, bad man.
-Ben

Anonymous said...

whole story, maybe you can tell that I am not an English major :)

Dan said...

Man you're brave. Asking an audience of mostly conservative mormons what your problem is.

I'm just messin, I don't think you have any problems, it's everyone else out there.

Anonymous said...

Is this rhetoric or do you really want to know?

As chance would have it, I have the correct answers to all for these questions and more.

Let me know, kid, and I'll tell ya.

semi-sincerely,
Mr. Sleeve

Ang said...

1-Ask that one to my dad. Dare ya.

2-Because they don't get the same amount of adulation/hero-worship and learn how to do things well for the right reasons.

3-Ask that one to my dad. Dare ya.

4-Because they make our thighs look really sweet.

5-Yes.

6-I wish I knew. And it's the ones who don't need it asking for it who truly bug, don't you think?

7-I'm as surprised as you are. I'm sure it's hard to get adequate oxygen intake through that Darth Vader mask, but he keeps going and going . . .

8-Because all the Diet Coke was gone?

9-I'm sure it can be traced back to your love of Dancing With the Stars

brownbunchmama said...

This ignorings Burning Questions completely to see if you will help with one for me~ super sluthes out there can help me? I am looking for a Barbie Mix, Match & Color Fashion Designer Set that one has no further use or doesn't wan't to pass on their own kids. It evenidently is not availalbe in the stores now (at least not in Idaho) The trademark date 2001 by Mattel. "Set includes 16 mix and amtch fashion impressions, 1 rubber crayon & Crayon holder, 6and 8 sheets 0f paper." Needed for birthday of graddaughter next week. No luck with Amazon, eBay, google, Target, etc. HELP !! Willing to pay "big bucks"!