Friday, May 1, 2009

Gasp! or The Miracle of Modern Technology! or Way To Come Through, Linda!



Thanks to the advice of my mother-in-law and the good folks at abebooks.com, my white whale is now officially harpooned and being dragged up on the deck. Seriously, this is something I've wondered about for 25 years. I'm sort of dumbfounded as I type this. I had no idea people would respond that quickly or decisively.

As I predicted, there are over a hundred copies available and none of them cost more than a dollar. This goes to prove the principle I try to teach my 1002 students - it's all in where/how you look.

Thanks for the heads up, Linda. As a former teacher/librarian and current bibliophile yourself, I know you're as happy as I am right now.

7 comments:

brownbunchmama said...

Way to go, Linda! I had been searching and asking -- ward members, relatives, friends, etc. and the Rigby Libraryian has the clue now trying to track it down. I'll have to call her to let her know the mystery is solved !!

melanie said...

Way to go, Mom!! How thoughtful!

Paul and Linda said...

Let's hear it for abebooks !

I'm interested in details, MSB, but probably no one else is ... how many responses ? where are the copies ? can you get one ? Email me these answers, please !

Shalee said...

Wow! That's awesome!

Unknown said...

Hey... cool! Way cool!

Speaking of childhood book loves, did anyone else read the Danny Dunn books?

The word verification for this post is: "readi" Hmmm.

Captain Admiral said...

Ah, yes.

Marjorie A. Zapf, Salingers little-known nom de plume.

Duh.

Dave said...

That is great! And I am very glad you now have your white whale too!