Saturday, June 13, 2009

And We're Back (from Yellowstone)

Once we're back in Illinois, there will be photos of bison and movies of paint pots. Yes, you will see moose, mule deer, clouds of noxious steam, Maryn in a cowboy hat, crows the size of turkeys - alla that.

Needless to say, it was a good trip. Footloose was fun. The weather in the park was nice. We saw more than our fair share of wildlife. The girls were pretty happy and cooperative throughout the drive. Good times.

The van is mostly packed. We hope to head off tomorrow morning no later than 8 or 8:30. We'll lose an hour going east but we still would like to make it to North Platte before it's too terribly late. We'll see, I guess.

My mom felt a little better this morning apparently. She was up and around for about an hour and a half before her energy left. She made a pan of chocolate chip dream bars (one of my faves) and started some slow-cooking dinner for us. I'm glad she felt well enough to be active today and I hope she has more days like that.

I hope we'll make it back to IL by Sunday night. Summer classes start this coming Wednesday and I've got some prep to do. If we take into consideration at least one day for unpacking, decompression, mowing the lawn, etc., I'll be left with about 24 hours to get things in order. No problem.

1 comment:

Shalee said...

Hope you made it back safe and sound! Looking forward to the pictures. So nice to see you all!