Monday, June 15, 2009

Back Home


We returned to a shaggy lawn, weeds in the garden, spiders in the bathroom, and a stack of mail the size of loaf of bread. Other than those basic side effects of being gone for ten days, the house was in good shape and things were in order. No one broke in, the flowers didn't die, and we even have a couple of green peppers starting in the garden.

We watered the garden, mowed the lawn, and shopped for groceries today. When we got in the van to go shopping, both girls freaked and started whining, saying, "NO! Not the car again!" I don't blame them. Yesterday in particular was a long drive. Coming back always seems to take longer than driving out.

It was an excellent trip though, despite how long it took to get back. I loved seeing my mom. It was good to see for myself that, though she's physically weak, her spirits are high and her mind is clear. Spending time with my brothers, their wives, and their kids was also a real highlight. It was well worth the drive both there and back.

I tried to upload photos but our camera ran out of batteries so the slideshow will have to wait another day or two.

1 comment:

Paul and Linda said...

Where's the banner with your IL garden ? I loved them Tonica cornfields !

Glad you are safely home. I can put the rolaids away again. (Until the UT and NC trips at the end of the month !)