Thursday, August 20, 2009

Place Your Bets

As of this last Tuesday, Suzanne passed the 35 week mark. This coming Tuesday is the all-important #36, the point where the baby is considered full-term and it's more or less safe to deliver. Maryn was born at 36 weeks and Avery was born at 36 and a half. So last night as Suze was holding her belly and moaning and saying, "What the heck is she doing in there?" I thought, it's getting close.

I told Suzanne I think she'll deliver sometime in the next week to ten days. She says she doubts it will happen in a week. So what's it gonna be? It must be time to play:

YOU BET YOUR BABY! The fun and exciting game where you get to start a baby's life off right by gambling on the day of her birth!

My bet is that Suzanne will have the baby on August 29th. I think this based on the number of contractions she's been having lately, her age, her history, and the fact that it stays in my 7-10 prediction window.

So what about you? Any takers? When do you think this special deliver is going to show up? The person with the closest guess will be awarded a special prize.

8 comments:

melanie said...

Just to be difficult, I will guess September 9, because wouldn't 9/9/09 be a cool birthday to match her AZ cousin (9/9/99)??

I forgot if Suz is doing a vbac? If she goes into labor on her own, what are the chances of an emergency on your hands?? You've got a concerned aunt & sister over here...

Captain Admiral said...

I'm gonna go with August 30th. Don't know why, it just popped into my pea-sized brain. Oh, and I'll also go with the middle of the night because babies have no sense of timing.

Dan said...

I think your daughter will observe the sabbath from the womb, but she'll happily appear on Aug 31, 2009 at approx. 2:17 in the afternoon.

Paul and Linda said...

Based on the number of jelly beans in the jar, I am putting my money on the 30th because of the fact that it is a Sunday and "Sunday's child is full of grace" !

Ang said...

August 27th. One of the coolest people I know was born on August 27th (my oldest, Ethan) so it's a fortuitous day. My only complaint about people born on August 27th, in fact, is that they talk INCESSANTLY. And have an irrational fear of the dark. But if you're chatty and like bright lights, they're pretty dang cool to hang around with. Good luck!

Shalee said...

I'll be obnoxious and say September 7th....LABOR DAY!! It will be Baby's way of celebrating 'Brown Family Fair Day' :) We'll even eat some Tortadoes and some Tiger Ears in her honor to be festive!! (Let's be honest, we'll eat them anyway, even if she isn't born that day)

Unknown said...

What about Aug 24? Is that too soon? I say Monday. ;)

Jennifer said...

Is it too late to bet? My computer has been down and I can't get to your blog without it. I don't actually know the address, cuz I'm lazy.

I bet 9/14/2009