Tuesday, June 29, 2010

It's Getting Worse

Today I asked the roll-call question, "Who do people tell you that you look like?" It's a fave question of mine and I enjoy seeing the connection when people say, "My mom tells me I look like Taylor Swift" or "All my buddies call me Sandler 'cause I look like Adam Sandler."

I never ask a question that I'm not willing to answer myself so today I mentioned that many of my students had said I look like a certain movie actor. Wondering if they'd all say the same thing the last couple of semester's worth of students had said, I asked my class today to guess who I'm often compared to.

Some of you may remember me writing with chagrin that students have been comparing me to the chubby and often stoned Seth Rogan.

Well, after today, I'd pay good money to be mistaken for Seth Rogan. Why? Here are two hints:




Yeah, that's right. Drew Carey and Vern, the dumb fat kid from Stand By Me. This morning was not a good time for my self esteem. I guess if I don't want the answers my students are going to give, I need to not ask the question.

3 comments:

Dan said...

I didn't realize there were so many blind kids in Illinois.

Paul and Linda said...

People always tell Paul that he looks like Jeffrey R. Holland. I, however, think gravity has a greater pull on Jeffrey R. than on Paul F.

I do not think you look like him, but Alton Brown does remind me of you sometimes.

Suzy said...

sides. aching. aagh!!! what. the?!? no...no...no.