Monday, September 13, 2010

I Haven't Done One Of These In A Long Time


1) Do you always answer your phone?
90% of the time, I do, contrary to what my brothers Dan and Dave think. I don't pick up during class or when I'm spending dedicated time with my family. Other than, I'm a regular box o' chatter. Call me up. We'll gab.

2) It’s four in the morning and you get a text message who is it? Nobody I know would text at that hour.

3) If you could change your eye color what would it be? I like the color I've got. Wouldn't change.

4) What flavor drink do you get at Sonic? I don't live close enough to a Sonic for this to be relevant, sadly.

5) Do you own a digital camera? Yes.

6) Have you ever had a pet fish? I killed a series of fish while living in Michigan. I named each one after an 80s hair band member - Tico Torres was first. They all died within days of me getting them. Apparently, I am not good with fish.

7) Favorite Christmas song? God Bless Ye Merry Gentlemen as performed by the BNL and Sarah McLachlan. Also, Marshmellow World by Johnny Mathis.

8) What’s on your wish list for your birthday? Hmmm. Amazingly, I haven't thought of it yet. I'm sure I can come with something.

9) Can you do push ups? Yes.

10) Can you do a chin up? Yes. It hurts though.

11) Does the future make you more nervous or excited? Depends… my personal future? Excited. The future of the planet, humans, etc…? Nervous.

12) Do you have any saved texts? Nope. I think an empty inbox is a sign of personal cleanliness.

13) Ever been in a car wreck? Yes, while delivering pizzas in Pocatello, Idaho. I was driving a Geo Metro and yet, miraculously, did not die or even get hurt.

14) Do you have an accent? No.

15) What is the last song to make you cry? Hmmm. A scene from Dan In Real Life made me cry and there was a Sondre Lerche song playing during it. Does that count?

16) Plans tonight? You're reading it.

17) Have you ever felt like you hit rock bottom? Gah. You have no idea. Yeah.

18) Name 3 things you bought yesterday? Tickets for the Navy Pier Ferris wheel, ice cream, two pillows with an "M" and an "A" on them.

19) Have you ever been given roses? Not that I recall.

20) Current worry? That I haven't really made any measurable progress on my PhD in a year.

21) Current hate right now? The cost and quality of the food at Navy Pier.

22) Met someone who changed your life? Yep. Several.

23) How did you bring in the New Year? I don't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure it involved Suzanne and 7-layer dip.

24) What song represents you? "It's a Long Way to the Top If You Want to Rock and Roll"

25) Name three people who might complete this? SIL Shalee, my brother Dan if he ever blogged, Suzanne.

26) What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? Must get to laptop. Must write. Must get something done before girls get up in 45 minutes. Gah!

27) If I was 10 yrs younger: I would appreciate my ability to go with less sleep.

28) What is your salad dressing of choice? Italian.

29) What is your favorite sit-down restaurant? The Athenian in Ogden, Utah.

30) What food could you eat for 2 weeks straight and not get sick of it? Have you seen my post about Chicago Dogs? I'm thinking about them right now. I'm wondering if Suzanne wants to get them for our lunch date tomorrow.

31) What are your pizza toppings of choice? Pepperoni

32) What do you like to put on your toast? Butter and cinnamon sugar.

33) How many televisions are in your house? Three.

34) What color cell phone do you have? Black.

35) Are you right-handed or left-handed? I'm so right.

36) Have you ever had anything removed from your body? Yeah. Do you REALLY want to hear about it?

37) What is the last heavy item you lifted? Parker. When she squirms, her weight increases exponentially. She was about 75 pounds earlier tonight.

38) Have you ever been knocked unconscious? Nope. I have a very thick skull. I get it from my dad.

39) If it were possible, would you want to know the day you were going to die? Probably.

40) If you could change your name what would you change it to? Major Percy Fawcett.

41) Would you drink an entire bottle of hot sauce for $1000? Totally.

42) How many pairs of flip flops do you own? One.

43) Last time you had a run-in with the cops? I got pulled over last month and was let go with a warning. Does that count?

44) Last person you talked to? Suzy - but she's sitting right next to me reading over my shoulder as I type this. Does that count?

45) Last person you hugged? Maryn just before bed.

46) Favorite Season? Autumn/ Spring

47) Favorite Holiday? Halloween.

48) Favorite day of the week? Friday.

49) Favorite month? You’re starting to bore me, survey.

50) First place you went this morning? To the basement.

51) What’s the last movie you saw? Juno.

52) Do you smile often? I'm practically Guy Smiley.

8 comments:

Shalee said...

So many things I want to comment on, I can't pick just one. I think maybe I won't do this, just to mess with you :)

Dan said...

Done. Just for you.

Dave said...

Answer the phone 90% of the time! Yeah and the Star Wars holiday special was fantastic! You are living in a fantasy world man! You forgot to add Jason to that list too.

Paul and Linda said...

This survey is long-g-g, so I will enter my favorite Sonic drink ... the Diet Cherry Limeade to which I was introduced in Twin Falls, ID some time ago ... BP, in fact. (Before Parker, that is.)

And now, thanks to my personal efforts and phone calls, we now have Sonic and at yesterday's afternoon special of 1/2 off Happy Hours, I had one !

Karen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Karen said...

I will answer the toast question with a quote from a favotie book of mine: "White, wheat, pumpernickle or rye. With butter and cinnamon or just plain dry". Check out "The Brownies" sometime. The illustrations are fabulous!

lateshoes said...

Just reading, "Navy Pier Ferris Wheel" made me teary.

Please tell me that you've experienced the lamest Fun House on earth! It was the best 10 bucks the University of Utah Libraries ever spent. (Shhh! Don't tell!)

Next time you're there (and if you don't mind walking about 10 blocks) - there's an amazing Thai place on Illinois, right next to a great bookstore and The Reader offices.

http://www.starofsiamchicago.com/aboutus.htm

Shauna said...

My attention span only allowed me to get to number 14 - to which I noticed you answered incorrectly.

Sorry, but Idaho accents are as noticeable as Michigan accents.