Thursday, January 22, 2009

Lost Again

(Warning: All Lost non-fans might as well skip this one.)


So Lost is going all out with the time-travel geekery. If ever there was a time for uninitiated people to start watching the show, this is not it. Last night's double episode went back and forth, reintroduced characters long dead, showed bits of storyline from past and present, had ghosts, and just generally really, really embraced its full mythology with no apologies. It was a good episode and I am very glad the show is back, but I will say it didn't hold me completely enthralled the way last season's opener did.

Things that interest me are:

Is Locke really dead? I mean, really?
Is Jin really dead? Really?
Has Sun turned to the dark side? Was her slippery, somewhat menacing discussion with Kate foreshadowing of things to come?
Who are the people Ben has working for him on the mainland?
What was up with the whole opening sequence with the guy from the orientation movies? How is it that Dan Farraday was there, back in time, interacting with people? (I guess interacting with people from the past isn't the same as altering the past but still.)
Is Miles Straum the baby we see in the beginning?
Is Dan Farraday's mother Mrs. Hawking, the creepy mistress of time and fate that we met in Desmond's feature episode, "The Constant?"

There's a lot of Losty goodness waiting ahead, my friends. I can tell already.

My favorite moments, you ask? Well, I'd have to say Sayid's usual helping of butt-kicking at the safe house, the conversation between Sun and Kate, and, most of all, Sawyer slapping Dan Farraday when he's yammering on about the space-time continuum and, when Charlotte tries to step in, growling, "Shut it, Ginger, or you'll get one too." Hee hee. I love violence and misanthropy.

No comments: