Tuesday, July 28, 2009

233. WTH?


More than anything, I was surprised that I'd lost a pound and a half when I weighed myself this morning. Yesterday I had a double cheeseburger and fries for dinner - not the most slimming meal, you know? Plus, I haven't really done anything physical since Saturday. (Instead of using our riding mower, I used our push-mower to take care of the incline on our side yard. It's kinda steep and it's not really safe or easy to mow it with the rider. By using the push-mower, I work up a sweat and I keep myself from having a rider tip over on me and chop me to bits. It's a win-win.)

Even though I was surprised this morning, I don't really place much value on fluctuations of a couple of pounds. I've weighed myself enough to know that the number on the scale depends on everything from the time of day to what I ate for lunch. Earlier this week, I was up to 238.5 and now I'm down five pounds without really doing anything. I'm not going to get real excited one way or the other until I'm closer to leaving the 230 range.

Incidentally, my brother Dave called and said he wants to lose a few pounds too. So we've entered into a pact that we will both lose ten pounds by the end of September. Now not only am I accountable to the Internet masses (or at least the six invited readers on this blog), but now Dave is too. Hee hee. It's time to thin out, bro.

5 comments:

Paul and Linda said...

It takes real courage to photo a scale ... unless those are not your very white feet. To which I say : "It takes real courage to photo your very white feet !"

Mark Brown said...

Not my feet. Just a googled image.

Suzy said...

Thank goodness those aren't his feet. I already have my foot issues.

Dan said...

Count me in on the 10 pound challenge.

brownbunchmama said...

we'll be cheering you on !!