Friday, March 11, 2011

Film Quiz Friday

So here's how this will work: every Friday, I'll post a quote from a movie. It will be distinct enough that it will identify a specific movie (No quotes like "Hi, how are you" - name that movie!) and it will be from a film that most people will have seen or at least heard of (nothing super-super obscure).

Your job will be to guess the movie without using the Internet. You will either know the quote and the film or you won't. No Googling a phrase just to win. That's cheating.

The prize? You name your own prize and it will be posted in virtual fashion here on the ol' blog. So, for instance, if Brother Dave were to guess a quote and win for the week and said he wished for the world's largest fish aquarium (Dave's a fish fan), he would get this posted to the blog:



How does that sound?

Since this will be the first quiz, I'll make it a relatively easy one. Name the movie in which this line appears:

"I hate Illinois Nazis!"

Post your guess and name the fabulous virtual prize you would like to win.

8 comments:

Dave said...

No idea on the movie, but that truck aquarium thing is awesome!

Dan said...

I have no idea.

Paul and Linda said...

Well ... I don't know either, but I wish I'd said it ! Then I could quote myself in my personal "Down w/Raum" campaign !

(word verification is "rerogi" ... should have had that on "Fat Tuesday" !)

Shalee said...

I'll come clean. I googled. And I haven't ever seen it. You know me- would you recommend it?

Mark Brown said...

Shalee, it's definitely an acquired taste but I think you'd appreciate the absolute absurdity of it. I think there are parts where you'd laugh like crazy. You guys should give it a try.

lateshoes said...

Blues Brothers!
A BFF! (Brewer Family Favorite)

Mark Brown said...

Ding! Tracy Brewer Medley wins the prize! The only question now is, what prize will she choose?

lateshoes said...

Hmmmm... something with a puppy, Dolly Parton and the Eiffel Tower....oh and a mustache.
;-)