Monday, February 4, 2008

Into the West


To all my loyal Idaho and Utah readers (all four of you):

Good news for me. My paper, "Are You In or Are You Out: Clubhouses and Belonging in Mormonism and Brigham City" has been accepted for presentation to the annual conference of the Association of Mormon Letters. The conference will be held on March 8 at BYU and this means a trip for me. I'll be boarding the Brown Family hovercraft on the evening of the 6th and will spend the 7-9th in Utah. Sometime on Sunday, I'll head north to that sweet cradle of Edenic goodness known as Idaho. I'll be there until Friday.

So, what this means is there must be lunches and dinners had. Captain Admiral (Bradley Leroy), this means you. Clark, if not at the conference, then maybe one afternoon or evening in Pocatello? All the rest of you are on alert: Mark Brown briefly returns to the west. Lock up your comic books and fattening foods. I'm on the prowl.

1 comment:

Captain Admiral said...

Excellent. Bring yer bad self on back here and we'll paint the town ...some color. The color reserved for aging semi-portly hunksa hunksa burnin' love with crappy facial hair.
As for your technology post, I too was skeptical of blogs, but now, I have my own as well. You can find mine at profligatespedestrianpap.blogspot.com
Okay then Mister Man,
Have a luverly day,
B-Rad