Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Mexican Soap Opera Delivers The Smackdown To Lame American TV

This tidbit of TV info made me both laugh and cry:

"ABC, which finished second in the ratings behind Fox last week, may have done better if not for the horrid performance of some of its new original shows. "October Road," "Cashmere Mafia" and "Carpoolers" each got fewer than 5 million viewers -- or fewer than Univision's audience for the telenovela "Al Diablo Con Guapos" on four separate nights."

I laughed because I think it's hysterical that a major network is getting spanked by a Mexican soap opera.

I cried because I was one of the 5 million poor saps that watched October Road last week.



I wish I could explain it. I hate the show and it makes me feel like I've been dipped in a vat of stupid sauce every time. And yet I watch it. The thing is, it's not like it's a "so bad, it's good" kind of thing. It's just so bad, it's bad. It just happens to be the only thing on at that hour and I'm too lazy to get off the couch and pick up a book. Sad.

This, on the other hand, is apparently awesome:

1 comment:

Suzy said...

October Road is one of those shows that's pretty to look at despite the fact that the plot and script have been written by 8th graders. It's refreshing to see Laura Prepon in something besides bell bottoms and bandanas, and I like the fact that's it's always a crisp New England fall day every episode.