Wednesday, February 13, 2008

What's the haps, dude?

So I have to apologize to the four regular readers of this blog. Last week, my work computer said, "I'm done, pal," and shut down with not even the courtesy of two weeks notice. And, because I work for a dinky non-profit in the heart of a decaying city, the role of tech support falls to. . . uh, no one. So my computer got carted off last Friday and is supposedly due back tomorrow.

So, what does this have to do with me apologizing to my four regular readers? Well, if you haven't guessed already, most of my blogging gets done at work. Suzanne blogs at work too and feels all guilty and conflicted about it. I blog at work and pat myself on the back for being so clever and making such good use of my non-teaching time. Ah, we're two different people she and I -- and magically, we compliment one another.

With no work computer, my blog offerings have been weak and anemic -- kind of like certain 19th century Russian royalty or me in high school.

I believe in good, regular blog updates. (I'm a regular guy - ask anyone.) But I've sort of fallen short the last several days. I hope my computer will be back at work tomorrow looking tan and healthy from its break. I hope it will look at me and say, "What's the haps, dude? Ready to ride the information superhighway with me?" I'm hoping. We'll see.

Anyway, in the spirit of updating, even though it's not necessarily original material, I offer the Feb. 12 edition of Toothpaste for Dinner:


toothpastefordinner.com

4 comments:

Captain Admiral said...

Y'know, maybe I'm mistaken, but by the look that is often on your face, I figured you were anything BUT regular. I always figured you simply needed to chew your food better, but silly me, you just needed to get your computer fixed. I wish you the best of computer health and regularity in the future.
Brad
P.S. Less cheese/more Taco Bell always works for me.

Mark Brown said...

Hmmm. I'm pretty sure the look on my face you're talking about is actually one of effort and concern, as in, "Musn't. . . call . . . Brad. . . 'pumpkin-head!'"

Now that I know you don't like it, I'll disregard the effort that causes it. . . pumpkinhead.

Paul and Linda said...

There's more than four of us !!! I had just said to myself : Hmmm, there must be something wrong with Mark's computer, lest he wouldn't be leaving this poem on his blog for so long !" (I abt have it memorized.)

Captain Admiral said...

Hey...that's Mister Corpulent Pumpkinhead to you, buddy.