Wednesday, February 25, 2009

No Pastry Love For Us

Well, sadly, the early bird gets the worm and paczki seekers who get to the bakery before noon get the deep fried pastry. We didn't go over to Spring Valley until almost five so we didn't stand a chance. The "Today Is Paczki Day!" sign was still in the window and everything - taunting us - but the bakery closed at 12 so we were out of luck. In the end, we settled for Casey's doughnuts, which are tasty and bad for you in a good sort of way but still not the same. Ah well. There's always next year.

February is swiftly drawing to a close and not a moment too soon for me. Daylight Savings time happens in just a couple of weeks and the first day of spring is the week after that. I need it to be warm. I need to be able to get out of the house. I need for my kids to be able to play outside. I need longer days.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Sad. I didn't get a Paczki either. I went to the place I usually get them but they were out by 1pm. Someone said they had them at Tim Hortons. That's like going to Big Boy for their steak. You have to get the Paczki from a great bakery. I've decided next year I'm driving to Hamtramck to get the really authentic ones. I'll send you some.