Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Why November Has Been A Crappy Month For Blogging



It's just after midnight on December 1, the deadline for Nanowrimo or National Novel Writing Month. I've been chopping away at a story all month long and tonight, around 11:45, I crossed the 50,000 word "finish line." The story isn't done yet but I'm clocked in at a nice, round 50,133 words for tonight. That's plenty for the moment, enough to earn me my silly "Winner" certificate from the nanowrimo website (as if I needed a certificate to tell me that, right?).

Anyway, I'm really excited. The draft is a hot ghetto mess but it's a draft, not just a half finished idea in the back of my head. I have something on paper to work with and, as we all know, something is better than nothing.

So hopefully December will be better in terms of blog updates. I'm done with the QE, I've written the draft of a novel -- maybe now it's time for some high quality blogging. We'll see.

3 comments:

Dan said...

CONGRATS ON FINISHING, I DIDN'T.

Ang said...

Hooray, hooray, hooray!

Darlene said...

Good for you!