Monday, April 25, 2011

Briefly Then

Last Friday I missed the Film Quiz because I was in a room on the fourth floor of the Manoogian Building at Wayne State University translating a section of El Amor En Los Tiempos Del Cholera into English. Through hard work and a stroke of dumb luck, I pounded that sucker out and was done in about three hours. I won't know officially if I've passed for a couple of weeks but there isn't any doubt in my mind that I did pass. The section I was given to translate was exactly the section I had already translated on my own AND had reread that morning over breakfast. So I'm grateful to be able to say that I rocked that bad boy. One more PhD-related hoop successfully jumped through.

Due to our computer being a big piece of suck, I still do not have the Admiral's fabulous prize. I'll get to it. But here's Suzy's:




He seems to be saying, "Why hello there, Suzy. My name is Hugh. You're turning 37, you say? You don't look a day over 24. Why do I glisten like this, you ask? I always glisten around pretty girls such as yourself. Would you like me to hook up your VCR or repair your Internet connection? Those are just some of the services I provide."

Who knows? Maybe Admiral Brad would like this as his prize too?

3 comments:

Karen said...

Can I have one too even though I was lame enough not to know the answer?!

Suzy said...

If he would paint my family room and sunroom that would be even better.

Captain Admiral said...

He's not really my type, but, um, can he cook?