Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday Film Quiz

The star of this film had a heart attack during production and the director hid that information from the studio for fear they would be shut down. Principal photography took over a year to complete (whereas an average Hollywood movie usually takes two or three months) and the project was beset by bad weather, uncooperative actors, an unfinished script, and general mayhem. A hint: it's not Waterworld but the two films share a common actor. In fact, it was the guy who said this:


"Hey, man, you don't talk to the Colonel. You listen to him. The man's enlarged my mind. He's a poet warrior in the classic sense. I mean sometimes he'll... uh... well, you'll say 'hello' to him, right? And he'll just walk right by you. He won't even notice you. And suddenly he'll grab you, and he'll throw you in a corner, and he'll say, 'Do you know that "if" is the middle word in life? If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you, if you can trust yourself when all men doubt you'... I mean I'm... no, I can't... I'm a little man, I'm a little man, he's... he's a great man! I should have been a pair of ragged claws scuttling across floors of silent seas."

5 comments:

Paul and Linda said...

Sounds like a line from a prison movie or maybe a war one since a Colonel is mentioned. Or, perhaps it is the life story of KFC ...

Captain Admiral said...

Hola Norse Penny people.
Haven't been by in awhile, and now that I drop in, this one's right in my wheel house.
Dennis Hopper. Apocalypse Now.
Sometimes the useless crap in my head pays big dividends.
Have a great weekend everybody!

Mark Brown said...

Ahh, the Admiral raises his pretty, little head. Somehow I knew if I put an Apocalypse Now quote out there, he would resurface. Like a shark to chum, I tell you.

So tell me, chum, what do you want for your fabulous prize? (Keep it clean now.)

Captain Admiral said...

Something with Fred Sanford, J. Jonah Jameson, and Isaac from the Love Boat.

lateshoes said...

BRAD~!!!!!

I've missed you, man.