Thursday, November 6, 2008

After a Draught

It's been a week, dear readers, and I'm sorry about that. I will repent, I promise. I'll catch you up on Halloween, on the long drive to Oglesby, the details of the job interview yesterday, and the long drive back. And I'll do it soon.

But I have an exam I have to finish writing and then I need to get in the shower and head to Henry Ford so it will have to wait for now.

Before that aforementioned exam and shower, I did want to acknowledge our new President--elect and how excited I am for what I hope will be a genuine turn in the rhetoric and policies of the federal government. My friend Tracy summed up my thoughts nicely a few days ago on her blog:

"Is Barack Obama perfect? No. But, his world view doesn’t involve swirling the country around in a neverending toilet bowl of fear and greed and hate. That’s good enough for me."



Congratulations, President-elect Obama. I'm glad you won. Now let's get to work.

No comments: