Friday, November 21, 2008

Night of the (House) Hunter


If I can manage to get out of this evil quagmire of a place (my genius boss came up at about 2:15 to announce he is holding a staff meeting at 4:00 today - Friday freaking afternoon and he calls one of his stupid, interminable meetings), then I will speed home as fast as I can, pack my bag, and the four Browns will depart for Oglesby, IL.

Tomorrow, the local Bishop's wife will watch our girls while Suzanne and I check out houses in the Ottowa/Peru/Oglesby area for the first half of the day. We're hoping that one of the houses we've looked at online will stand out and be "the one" and that the owners of "the one" will be willing to negotiate and to act fast. It feels like time is just running away right now. I want to have the whole thing done and taken care of as soon as possible so we can feel secure in having someplace to go at the end of December, you know?

Wish us luck.

No comments: