Monday, January 7, 2008

Back to School

Yep, tonight at 6 p.m. I begin my final class at Wayne State (barring any unforeseen and highly unlikely administrative screw-ups). Feminist film theory with Dr. Cynthia Erb. I've had Dr. Erb before and, because this blog is set to private, I can freely say that her class was the least useful class I think I've ever had in school. If nothing else, her cheerful cluelessness gave me hope in the sense that, if she can get a PhD and publish books and get a good job at a respectable school, I can too!

Now, I have to get back to reading some essays about men "living out their phantasies (sic) and obsessions through linguistic command by imposing them in the silent image of woman still tied to her place as bearer of meaning, not maker of meaning." Exciting stuff right? Suffice it to say, this was the only film class offered this semester that took place in the evening. I wouldn't be taking it if there were anything else in the world to take.

But because I have to get back to work and because it's a dreary Monday (as if there was any other kind), I am posting a little video to cheer up up. I consider it is an homage to our dearly beloved cat, Jackie Joe Johnson. Click above.

No comments: