Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Hooky

Yup, that's right. There's a reason there was no post here yesterday. That reason involved sleeping until ten, not getting out of my pajamas, watching a movie in the middle of the day, and not leaving the house except to shovel a light layer of snow from the driveway. Was I sick? No, I felt as right as rain. Was it a snow day? Nope, the snow was light and probably didn't even stick to the main roads. Did I just have no desire whatsoever to get up and go to work? You bet.

At my work, we're given one personal day every month in addition to ten vacation days. The personal days can be banked up and used at our discretion. Unlike Suzanne's work, when I call in for a personal day, all I have to say is, "I'm taking my PD today," and my boss says, "Okay, see you tomorrow." (Suzanne's work practically requires a note from a doctor and a blood test every time she requires time off. Soon they'll be asking for first-born children and blood oaths.)

So anyway, home it was and it was nice.

Btw, does anyone know why it's called hooky?

No comments: