Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Random Ephemera -- the best kind of ephemera there is!

4 things that I am passionate about:
1. Spending time with my wife and kids.
2. Movies.
3. Bookarts and book design.
4. Kwame Kilpatrick resigning.



4 things I want to do before I die:
1. Visit Europe, specifically Suzanne's mission in the Czech Republic.
2. See U2 live in concert.
3. Publish a book.
4. See my kids become happy, secure adults.



4 books that I have read recently:
1. My Name Is Asher Lev.
2. The Gift of Asher Lev.
3. Vernal Promises.
4. Lobster Johnson: The Iron Prometheus.



4 things I often say:
1. One person speaks at a time and right now that person is me.
2. Your attention please?
3. You're a spazzy, little monkey.
4. What the freak-daddy almighty!?

4 things that attract me to friends:
1. Intelligence.
2. Generosity/compassion.
3. Wit.
4. Them thinking that I'm awesome.

4 songs or albums that I could listen to over and over again:
1. Flathead by The Fratelli's.
2. Love Roller Coaster (cover) by Red Hot Chili Peppers.
3. Rebel Rebel by David Bowie.
4. Float On by Modest Mouse.



4 things you might not know about me:
1. I once got detention in junior high for punching out a kid who was making fun of me.
2. I lived in Mississippi and Louisiana for two years and never once tried grits or chitlins.
3. I sometimes write fan letters to authors and filmmakers I like.
4. I once held seven of the ten best scores on the Area 51 video game in the Idaho State University student union building.

2 comments:

Paul and Linda said...

I can always count on your blog to send me to Webster's !
Love your passionate wish abt Kwame. The reason we have not seen him since the text revelation is he is "waiting for this to blow over" As if someone with an ego as big as he is himself could be air-lifted !

Captain Admiral said...

You know, Mr. Brown, that I haven't visited your bloggy blog in quite awhile and have never, in fact, left a post. Isn't it high time I graced your trivial blathering with my presence?
Strangely enough, I was writing something this morning and I used the word 'ephemera'.
As I have said about you and I many times in the past "mediocre minds think alike."
Hope all is well there in the burning city, mi amigo,. Say hello to your better half for me.
-Bradley
P.S. in case you haven't realized this lately...you're a colossal dork. Area 51? Yeesh.