Thursday, April 24, 2008

I'm Back

Gentle Readers,

Sorry for the week of sparse posting. My work computer was once again out of commission and I've been too busy at home to slip downstairs and post.

But now my computer here is back online and I'm able to write again. At the moment, I have a group of students who are reading and answering questions about Bruce Brooks' novel The Moves Make The Man. My windows are open and the tulip tree in front of the building is in full bloom. We've had a stretch of ridiculously generous, bright, warm weather and it's been spectacular. Every night the weatherman forecasts thunderstorms in the afternoon and every day it doesn't happen. It was 77 degrees yesterday and it's supposed to be about the same today. We haven't cracked the 80 degree mark yet but we're close. I hear it's still cold and frosty in Idaho. This must be the five day stretch of time when it's actually nicer to live in Detroit than in Idaho. It's a brief but glorious time.

A bit of randomness: for all my family members who have read the Twilight books, here is a link to a story about the filming of the movie adaptation. There's even a photo of the cast so you'll be able to see if the film version of Edward, Bella, whoever, matches up to the picture in your head. Apparently the kid who played Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire plays Edward.

It's going to be a busy few days for me. Both of my final papers (for the same professor no less) are due on Monday. Plus, I'm in charge of all the intake testing tomorrow and I'm expected to attend a recruiting event for three hours on Saturday. As usual though, once it's over, it's over. The storm of activity comes, knocks everything over and then blows back out to sea. Come this time next week, I'll be sitting around picking my toes and rearranging my sock drawer (figuratively speaking). Here's looking forward to that.

1 comment:

Suzy said...

I prefer not to read your prefer list anymore!! Glad you're back online!!