Monday, December 8, 2008

Things I Just Simply Can't Bring Myself To Care About

Gossip Girl
90210
Football
Dr. Phil
Baseball
Tyra Banks
Dirty, Sexy, Money
T.I.
Lil' Wayne
Hockey
University of Michigan
Michigan State
BYU
University of Utah
Basketball
Paris Hilton
Heroes
Fringe
Eli Stone
Two and a Half Men
According to Jim
Chinese Democracy (the album, not the political movement)
Wii
Guitar Hero
The Punisher
Twilight
Horror movies in general
Oprah
Oprah's book club
Oprah's favorite things
King of Queens
The Hills
Li-Lo
J-Lo
Bennifer
Brangelina
"Language" poetry
Billy Collins poetry
Almost all poetry
Jennifer Aniston
Owen Wilson
Most country music
The Family Guy
Seth McFarlane
Students who lie
Students who plagiarize
Students who habitually come late


I feel better.

6 comments:

popcultchick said...

This list concerns me.

So, you don't care about Wii, but Xbox and PlayStation are not on this list. What about the DS and PSP handheld systems? The DS system now features language learning games that I think your girls would like.

And you should care deeply about Angelina Jolie, as she is a terrible actress campaigning for a role in the next Batman film, which she will likely get and ruin the movie. I don't see Movies Based on Comic Books on your list, so I assume you do care about those.

You should worry about other things that your list implies you care about through omission. For example, Nicole Richie, Britney Spears and Hillary Duff are not on your list. This means you obviously care deeply for them. This goes double for the Jonas Bros (but not the Super Mario Bros).

Paul and Linda said...

In this family it takes a brave soul to admit he doesn't care about BYU football ! I wish you well at Christmas Dinner ...

Anonymous said...

I love this list. According to Me, "According to Jim" blows. As does most of the stuff on your list. Except Wii. It's kind of Fiin.

Ang said...

I cared deeply about Guitar Hero for about three months and then worked through it. It is the only video game in my entire life I have ever cared about.

I tried to care about Fringe but I have the past four episodes on my DVR and have absolutely no desire to watch them. Does not bode well.

I had to attend an Elder's Quorum social the night before the BYU/Utah game and we were supposed to wear our "colors." The only reason I wore a BYU shirt was because I had one. (I suppose the fact that I went there and now teach there should mean something??). I like BYU and everything, but I am absolutely apathetic when it comes to collegiate sports. I will watch the last ten minutes of a really close game. That is all.

You don't care about any horror movies? ANY of them? How can that be?

And I'm still a little worried about Owen Wilson. I admit it.

Jennifer said...

Wii is fun

Shalee said...

I agree...knowing full well that your mother reads this blog, I am impressed that you have the guts to admit you don't care about BYU. Good thing a mother's love is unconditional!!