Friday, August 15, 2008

50 Things

1. Do you like cheese? Yes. Fried, melted, grated, with macaroni, you name it. I do not like it in the form of Mormon musicals or romantic comedies.

2. Have you ever smoked heroin? No, but I know some smoking heroines.

3. Do you own a gun? I'm building up a collection now so I'll have a healthy arsenal by the time Maryn and Avery start dating.

4. Your favorite song? Right now? "I Want You Back" by the Jackson 5.

5. Do you get nervous before doctor appointments? No.

6. What do you think of hot dogs? It's a complicated relationship. I know they're made of dog necks and raccoon toes but I like them anyway. They're tasty and portable. What else do you need in a processed meat?

7. What’s your favorite love song? "All I Want Is You" by U2. "My Hands Are Shaking" by Sondre Lerche. "Believe Me, Baby (I Lied)" by Trisha Yearwood.

8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Hot chocolate.

9. Can you do push ups? Yes.

10. Is your bathroom clean? Yes. Reasonably.

11. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? My fat ring. (Which is to say, the ring Suzanne gave to wear once my finger got too fat for my wedding ring.)

12. Favorite Hobby? Wandering around bookstores, going to movies, eating out, exploring in the car, blogging

13. What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex? I ask them what their sign is, show them my sweet gold medallions, and ask them if they'd like to go for a ride in my Trans-Am.

14. Do you have A.D.D.? I'm sorry, what?

15. What’s one trait you hate about yourself? I get defensive pretty easily.

16. Middle Name: Sheffield.

17. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment: I hate this job. It sure is nice outside. I'd sure like a hot dog right now.

18. Name the last 3 things you have bought? Hmmm. I rented the season finale of Lost season 3 last night. Does that count as something I bought? Before that, lunch at Lapita with Suzanne. Before that. . . I don't know.

19. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink? Diet Pepsi, cold water, skim milk.

20. Current worry? This job. The future.

21. Current hate? My mother taught me not to hate.

22. Favorite place to be? In bed on Friday night. Driving around Idaho dry farms. Pine Creek Pass.

23. How did you bring in the New Year? I don't remember.

24. Where would you like to go? The Smithsonian, the Guggenheim, Fallingwater, Newport Beach, Prague, crazy.

25. Best childhood memory? Too many to list.

26. Do you own slippers? Yes. They're from Australia and they used to belong to my Grandpa Brown.

27. Do you like to spend or save money? Spend. Love to spend. Huge fan of spending.

28. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? What am I, a girl?

29. Can you whistle? Yeah.

30. Favorite color? The tawny color of Maryn's skin when she's been out in the sun.

31. Would you be a pirate? Who says I'm not?

32. What songs do you sing in the shower? No singing here.

33. Favorite girl’s name? Grace. Or Faye.

34. Favorite boy’s name? Mark. (Hee hee.)

35. What’s in your pocket right now? Space-age wallet, Verizon flip phone, about a million keys.

36. Last thing that made you laugh? Suzanne chasing me into the bedpost while she was trying to kick me, smashing my leg into the post, falling down and moaning as Suzanne and the girls both erupted into laughter. You wouldn't think it was something that would make me laugh but it did.

37. Best bed sheets as a child? The soft kind?

38. Worst injury you’ve ever had? I broke my left arm in first grade.

39. Do you love where you live? I like our street and our neighborhood. Detroit increasingly is giving me hives. Michigan in general - meh.

40. How many TVs do you have in your house? 3.

41. Who is your loudest friend? Suzanne.

42. Who is your most silent friend? All of my friends are pretty much loudmouths. Clark is reasonably quiet.

43. Does anyone have a crush on you? Who doesn’t have a crush on me? Duh.

44. Do you wish on shooting stars? Yes.

45. What is your favorite book? My Antonia by Willa Cather.

46. What is your favorite candy? m&ms

47. Favorite Sports Team? So many to choose from! I can't pick just one.

48. What music do you want played at your funeral? Uuhhhhh. I have no idea.

49. First thing you thought of when you woke up today? "Let's see, if I hit snooze now, the alarm will go off at 6:40. That would give me plenty of time to shower and dress and still get the girls up. Yeah, the snooze button is the right choice right now. Zzzzzzzzz."

50. Favorite dessert? Fresh baked chocolate chip cookies, coconut dream bars, hot fudge brownie sundaes.

5 comments:

brownbunchmama said...

YOU DON'T get nervous before doctor appointments?????? Since when?? And I was surprised about your worst injury --- I had the 13 stitch eyebrow injury goin in my mind and as for your favorite sports team, let's see what was it you said the other day about laughing so hard you sounded like a braying donkey..... Glad you're still keeping the family tradition alive with your favorite desserts! Batch of dream bars sounds good right about now.

Mark Brown said...

The whole nervousness thing pretty much went away in the summer of 99. Overload pretty much deadened me to doctor nervousness.

The stitches in the eyebrow weren't as long lasting or as serious as the broken arm. My pride was wounded more than my face was.

Unknown said...

"Reasonably quiet"...

Okay, I guess. ;-)

Is that a good thing? Especially on this blog?

Jennifer said...

Chris must be a girl. He loves satin sheets.

Karen said...

Love the list Mark. Just a little but oh so important reminder - the celestial way to spell Fay is with no 'e'....