Monday, August 4, 2008

On My Mother's Health

Two Things:

#1. Mom is now doing her best impression of a Paris Island Marine with her hair style as seen below. I keep asking her if she'd like her sons to all get their hair cut that way too as a show of solidarity. She keeps telling me no.



#2. Her growths are responding very, very well to the chemotherapy. The doctor said he has rarely, if ever, seen tumors shrink so fast in such a short amount of time. We are very grateful for that. She'll continue on with a three weeks on/one week off schedule of chemo until around Christmas. She'll be bald and tired but alive and (no doubt) cantankerous as ever. We are grateful for that too.

2 comments:

brownbunchmama said...

Watch it, mister. I still weigh enough to crush you as I sit upon you and if you'll remember from your recent visit, I can also still land a well placed arm punch !! Yes, we are continually being blessed and we are grateful.
And my anwer is still NO! I do not want any of our sons to cut their hair in this style as a show of solidarity although Dan has already come pretty darn close!
I am ready to go get the completion of the marine "do" however as I am not enjoying little sticklets of hair on my clothes, on my tongue, in my hat ... yeah, yeah, I know.

Suzy said...

I'm impressed you took the plunge and just got it over with Laurie. Finding little hairs in your food is never a pleasant experience...even if it is your own!

And we are all so grateful that things are responding so well. We'll continue to keep praying for that!!