Friday, August 29, 2008

Mark Brown revealed

Last Saturday, the Brown ladies and I had a wonderful time with the Vos family at the family swimming pool in Plymouth. Jennifer Vos is smart and funny and has such a killer deadpan delivery that she makes me laugh on a regular basis. Chris is one of the best husband/father combos I know. Their kids are sort of superhumanly loving and kind. They're a pleasure to spend time with.

Anyway, the problem was that Suzanne and I didn't bring bathing suits. We're both kind of shy and kind of self-conscious about certain things and so neither of us came prepared to swim. The girls had a great time splashing and jumping in and all of that. But there was a distinct sense of disappointment from Chris and Jennifer. Mainly, it was probably compassion for our vanity - "Oh, that's so sad that can't even have fun with friends. Too bad."

Well, I've felt bad about it ever since. Chris teased me throughout the night that I wasn't ready to "take our friendship to the next level" by being shirtless in his company.

I'm over it.

I'm prepared fully to reveal myself and put myself out there. I want to swim with the Vos family and I'm willing to pay the price. So here goes. This one's for you Chris:



Happy now? (I'm so embarrassed.)

5 comments:

brownbunchmama said...

Exactly which night was it this dream occurred? :-)

Jennifer said...

Mark Brown, you said too many nice things were said about our family in that post. I should let everyone of your readers know that Mark Brown is the BEST home teacher we have ever had. He prepares messages with us in mind and makes sure that we are okay. He seems to genuinely like our family. I couldn't be more thankful to have him assigned to us.

We were disappointed that you didn't swim with us on Saturday but not because we were hoping to see naked flesh. It's just a fun thing to do, whether you are fat or skinny. And, by our standards you are skinny. Have you seen Chris and I lately? We don't judge.

We'll have you over soon and you can bare your awesome 6 pack. All I've got to say is that Suzy is one lucky gal with a stud like you at home.

Jennifer said...

I've been worrying that maybe that last comment could be misconstrued. I'm not trying to be inappropriate. Just funny.

Mark Brown said...

Yes, people may misconstrue the whole "best home teacher thing" but I think they'll still know it's me you're talking about.

Paul and Linda said...

TMI !