Thursday, March 13, 2008

More Pics

My dad and my brother David have been rebuilding a house from the inside out. Literally. I'm not talking about splashing a coat of paint here and there or paying someone to install new cabinets. I'm talking about rebuilding a house -- walls, floors, electrical, plumbing, furnace, you name it. It's taken a long time and I think they're both pretty beat. But, more likely than not, Dave and Melanie will move into what is essentially a brand-new house this weekend and it will be one that they helped design and build themselves.

For the record, what happened was this: they bought a lot and then they bought an old house that was dirt cheap. They had a foundation poured on the lot and then had the house moved onto it. From there, they gutted the house entirely and started fresh, designing the floor plan, framing it, wiring it, etc. Now, we have the following:





No comments: