Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Hawking My Friends' Stuff



Several friends and acquaintances of mine were involved in the production of The Mother In Me, an anthology of essays and poetry about being an LDS mother. Since the majority of my readers are female and most are mothers, I thought I'd put in a plug here for their book - partly because these people are my friends and I'm a believer in supporting their efforts and partly because they're really talented writers and I think a lot of my readers would like the book if they bought it. The authors are all (I think) from the Segullah writer's group which you can learn about here. They're LDS artists who are trying to do something good, useful, and beautiful. So there it is: buy this book.

3 comments:

Shauna said...

My friend Lisa, I believe has a story in this book. It's the one called wonder mold mother. It's about her experience with a molded Barbi cake.
I'm so excited to see her published!

Paul and Linda said...

FYI this book is not yet available, but can be pre-ordered. I tried to get a copy online.

Darlene said...

It's available now at Des Book and Seagull.

Hey, Mark, thanks so much for the hawking!