Friday, September 26, 2008

Tag-Tastic

I am pleasantly rested considering my late night in a smoke-filled club in downtown Detroit.

I miss the unstructured pleasure of summer vacations as a kid.

I think about the Presidential election, its various ups and downs, the strategy involved, the combination of optimism and stone-cold cynicism it represents.

I love bacon on sandwiches, hot pizza, cold lemonade, Indian summer, and going to the movie theater.

I know I'm chubbier and less healthy than I'd like to be. (Probably because of the bacon and pizza.)

I want more time to write fiction.

I have a weekend coming up and I'm so happy about it.

I wish for world peace, puppies, rainbows, and unicorns.

I hate people who neglect their kids.

I am scared of snakes.

I feel fine.

I hear dialogue from Rudolph Maté's D.O.A. It's playing on my DVD player next to my computer. Frank Bigelow is talking to Mr. Halliday, the comptroller. Frank is trying to find out who poisoned him with a luminous toxin.

I smell the nasty, bitter, chemical smell of latex gloves. I had to wear them to hand out cake and ice cream at our groupwide meeting this afternoon and I can't wash it off my skin. Echh.

I don't do windows.

I wonder - I'm a-walking in the rain, Tears are falling and I feel the pain, Wishing you were here by me, To end this misery and I wonder, I wah, wah, wah, wah wonder
Why
Why, why, why, why, why she ran away
And I wonder when she will stay
My little runaway a-run, run, run, run, a-runaway.

I care about good writing.

I am not afraid of my students or being in downtown Detroit after dark.

I believe in a thing called love.

I dance in the seat of my car while driving home and listening to loud music.

I sing like Dean Martin on an off-day.

I write blog entries, papers on film, stories.

I win at the blow-up-the-balloon-on-the-clown's-head-by-squirting-water-in-its-mouth game at the fair.

I lose at almost everything else.

I never watch football, baseball, or basketball on TV.

I listen to my coworkers when they speak. It makes them think I'm a genius.

I can be found at the new HP computer in the lab adjacent to my classroom. Next to the wall, across from the door.

I read dense film texts, blogs, movie news, Poets and Writer's Magazine, the funnies, movie reviews.

I am happy when the sun shines, good music plays, and my family is around.

I tag anyone.

And P.S. I encourage everyone to do Mike's sad song meme too.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Aren't you a genius?

Paul and Linda said...

It is interesting that you follow the wah wah wah lyrics with : "I care about good writing" ! ;o)

(D.O.A. was remade w/Dennis Quaid, and it stunk, of course !)

J'Amy Day said...

I'm so glad that I can now picture you next to the wall, across from the door. :) Perhaps dreaming about bacon, summer vacations, and NOT snakes.