Saturday, July 12, 2008

Vacation Means Getting Wet And/Or Muddy

The action-packed photos I promised are below. The first set is from Friday's trip to Rigby Lake and the second set is from today's trip to the Rexburg splash park. We originally went to the sand dunes only to discover that, even in 75 degree heat, the surface of the sand out there rises to roughly the same temperature as a black frying pan in hell.

So we headed back to the more friendly environs of Porter Park. A good time was had by all and, notably, my dad joined the official Jeff Norman Club of Fathers Who Feed Their Families With Gas Station Food. Yep, we had a fine lunch of all-beef hot dogs bought from the Co-Op gas station on the west side of town. Avery had two.

And now, onto the photos:












(And yes, in case you're wondering, both Maryn and Avery are fully dressed in the splash park photos. We weren't anticipating going there and it would have been too much of a hassle to go back to Rigby for bathing suits. This is another thing Suzanne would have known in advance. She would have intuited the sand dunes' blazing temps and would have packed swimsuits just in case. As it was, the girls had a great time getting soaked in regular clothes. I mean, hey, it's vacation, right?)

3 comments:

melanie said...

Adorable, and J. Craven gives Avery props for downing not one, but TWO gas station delicacies. Yumm!

How is your mom feeling?

Paul and Linda said...

Love the new picture of you ... makes me think : "And the highwayman came riding, riding, up to the old inn door !" (Name that poem in three words or less !)

I can see my grand-daughters love the Water Park !

Mark Brown said...

Hmm, is that poem by Tupac or 50 Cent?

(Even though I'm in Idaho, my students are still with me in spirit.)