Friday, July 11, 2008

Movie Buddies


As I have written here before, my dad and I are movie buddies. We both like going to the theater, ordering the enormo-vat of popcorn, the extreme jug of soda, and watching a flick. I, of course, enjoy the fact that Dad always pays. It doesn't matter that I'm in my thirties and have a job that pays money - I'm still the kid in this relationship and so Dad shells out the cash (which, as I pointed out, is sweet.) Sometimes he likes the movies that I don't (The Aviator) and sometimes I like the ones he doesn't (There Will Be Blood.)



Dad was worried about me suffering "cabin fever" because I haven't gone out and done much since we've been here and so he offered to take me to a late movie once the girls were in bed. I figured, after making him sit through all three hours of There Will Be Blood the last time I was here, I'd pick something a little more entertaining and palateable. So Iron Man it was. It was as enjoyable as last time for me and Dad stayed awake through the whole thing which is the Dennis R. Brown seal of approval. We drove back from Idaho Falls and talked about my brothers and Mom and my wife and kids. It was good. I always enjoy talking with Dad.

Over the next couple of days, the activities on deck are a trip to the sand dunes (probably Saturday), some time at Rigby Lake (tomorrow possibly), and an "explore" in the desert with Scott Samuelson. We also need to make it back to the park with the climbing mountain and over to Main Street for another snow cone or two. Stay tuned for exciting, action packed photos.

No comments: