Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Cancer Update

For those of you not hooked up to my mom's CarePages update, here's the latest:

"Returned a short time ago from the evaluation visit to the oncology clinic. The original growth has diminished in size by 2 centimeters and he could not feel the swollen ones in the neck at all. We know this is a huge blessing that the chemo has been so effective in three treatments and we are grateful. This routine will continue until Christmas with the possibility of going two weeks on with one week off but that will be evaluated later. Even though it is thought to be incurable, they feel it can be managed to provide a good quality of life. My blood levels are holding pretty well with only one area taking an expected spike. Levels on my kidneys and liver won't be taken until next Monday morning before they begin the second round.

We will travel to Moscow, Idaho on Thursday to visit Jason, Mindy, Dylan,Megan,Kate and Jonah and will come back on Sunday.We're looking forward to that and I'm so thankful I feel well enough to travel. They are in regular contact with us by phone and email.
Dave and Mel, Dan and Shalee check in often to bring food or see what they can do to help and we so appreciate it. We also thank all of you for checking on us, sending cards, bringing food, emailing, praying, putting our name in the temples and all of the other wonderful things you do for us.
As I washed my hair yesterday before church, it was evident that my scalp was tender and more and more hair comes out in my brush. The hair in my nostrils has disappeared but I still have eyebrows and eyelashes as of today. We'll see what's left by the time chemo resumes next week.
Once again, thanks to all of you. We love you."

No comments: