Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Anniversary Countdown

The students have exited the computer lab and found their way to class which, as it turns out, is where they were supposed to be all along. Mr. Booker didn't just set them free as I was led to believe. The students just chose not to go to class. I gently and lovingly encouraged them to go to class and they did. (My gentle, loving encouragement was very carefully worded, I assure you. They got the point.)



Anyway, I just wanted to note the beginning of the Norse Penny Press One Year Anniversary Countdown! The big day is coming in one week. There will be prizes! Confetti! Dancing girls!

Be on the lookout!

3 comments:

Paul and Linda said...

I am glad to read Mr. Booker had not fallen prey to the "entitlement" thought process of most of DPS students, including their illustrious peer model ... Hizzoner Kilpatrick ,of the now famous "porch" method of conflict resolution.

melanie said...

I had to shake my head and remind myself you are teaching COLLEGE & not High School.

Did someone say prizes???

melanie said...

Whoops, just read below post that they are recently GED awarded hs students. Regardless...