Thursday, May 22, 2008

Fill In The Blank

1. I can never have too many . . .
Notebooks. Big ones, small ones, lined paper, blank paper, fancy twenty dollar ones from Barnes and Noble, cheap 1.39 ones from CVS. You can never have too many, especially with a 7 year old daughter who is always stealing them to draw in.

2. I'm terrified when . . .
I feel large bugs crawling on me or when I see any sort of snake. A snake writhing toward me will pretty much turn me into a blob of pants-wetting goo.



3. I can't get enough of . . .
Wheat Thins. Seriously, I could eat a whole box by myself in one sitting. Easily. Same with ice cream. A carton of Moose Tracks is not safe in my home.



4. I have always wanted . . .
To live in a two-story house and have my bedroom on the second floor. As a kid I always associated two-story houses with wealth. Nowadays I just want the nice light that comes in when you're up off the ground a little bit.

5. It bothers me when . . .
My students talk about hitting/choking their girlfriends/baby mamas. Can you blame me?

6. I dream about . . .
Getting in car wrecks. Seriously.



7. I would never . . .
Play hockey. I just wouldn't. I don't have good balance and I'm not interested in getting smashed or swiped at by some dude who has something to prove. No thanks.



8. I always . . .
Check the "Special Features" option of a DVD before watching the actual movie itself. I want to know if I have a gag reel to look forward to.

9. I will . . .
Be a gainfully employed PhD English professor before I'm 40. (Hopefully, well before I'm 40.)



10. I love . . .
Suzanne's new parmesan-crusted tilapia recipe. It was like there was a party in my mouth and everyone was invited.

8 comments:

Suzy said...

Don't you mean "bloopers"? hee hee. I love that word now.

And that recipe did rock, although it was creamy/cheesy-er than the picture. And even Avery and Maryn liked it!!

Dan said...

Stealing this list!!

Paul and Linda said...

Are you seriously telling me that is Earl Stanley Gardner w/the Perry Mason book ? I am almost as disappointed as when I met Jack Weyland. How can these little Caspar Milquetoasts know of mystery and love ?

J'Amy Day said...

Wheat thins...we love 'em, too. Especially Riley.

Have you tried dipping them in Kaukauna's Swiss/Almond cheese spread??? It is yummy... Jeff Norman introduced us and we have had a great relationship ever since! :)

melanie said...

That's a fun list! (not the car wreck or choking baby mama parts.. but interesting nonetheless)
:)

Suz, will you share the tilapia recipe?

Darlene said...

Must. Have. Tilapia. Recipe.

Jennifer said...

Tell Suzy that I want recipe. Thanks.

Suzy said...

Parmesan Crusted Tilapia

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup butter, softened
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon celery salt (didn’t have any and it was okay)
2 pounds tilapia fillets

DIRECTIONS
Preheat your oven's broiler. Grease a broiling pan or line pan with aluminum foil.
In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Season with dried basil, pepper, onion powder and celery salt. Mix well and set aside.
Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fillets over and broil for a couple more minutes. Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side. Broil for 2 more minutes or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Be careful not to over cook the fish.

Enjoy the "party in your mouth"!!