Thursday, May 29, 2008

"I'm A Pretty, Pretty Princess. It's a Full-Time Gig."



Okay, so I haven't seen this cartoon, The Mighty B. (I don't have cable, okay? That means no Battlestar Galactica, no MXC, no Top Chef, no Burn Notice. I know, I know. Feel sorry for me.) But I found this clip on Bucktooth Mama's blog and I loved it. First of all, it's Amy Poehler as the voice of the little girl and I loves me some Amy Poehler. Second of all, there's something about the combination of hyper-girly silliness and weird, confident anti-sociality that reminds me of two blond, pretty, pretty princesses that live in my house. The song itself is a total earworm and I (and you) will now spend the next several hours humming the tune.



Now this little gem is another unknown quantity. Apparently, there was an Internet feature film called Star Wreck that has the dubious distinction of being "the most popular Internet feature film of all time." (To me, that sounds like being the most famous Mormon calligrapher in the world or the best underwater sweater knitter or something.) Anyway, the bunch that made Star Wreck is now in the process of making another film, this one called Iron Sky. The website propaganda reads,

"Towards the end of World War II the staff of SS officer Hans Kammler made a significant breakthrough in anti-gravity.
From a secret base built in the Antarctic, the first Nazi spaceships were launched in late ‘45 to found the military base Schwarze Sonne (Black Sun) on the dark side of the Moon. This base was to build a powerful invasion fleet and return to take over the Earth once the time was right.
Now it’s 2018, the Nazi invasion is on its way and the world is goose-stepping towards its doom."

According to what I've read, it's supposed to be a comedy. If that's how it turns out, then great. But as it is, the trailer makes it look like the Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow that should have been. It's a cheesy, pulpy premise - "In 1945 the Nazis went to the Moon. In 2018, they are coming back." and I absolutely love it. The resolution of the Youtube trailer isn't as good as it is on the official website but it will do for now. Nerds of the world, unite!

5 comments:

lateshoes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lateshoes said...

The Mighty B. rules the planet. I kinda want to burn my tivoed episodes for your pretty pretty princesses.
AWESOOOMME!!

Captain Admiral said...

Burn Notice season one will be availbable on DVD June 17th. Also, the first three seasons of MXC are all available on DVD. They're all available on Netflix, and, I would imagine, at your local video stores.

Paul and Linda said...

Snap Snap ! Runnin' with the rainbow unicorn ! Look at me !" Dang you Mark Brown ! It is in my head !

Let me say this to The Captain : " Way to not let him off the hook on 'Burn Notice' !" Also looking forward to the "new season" and the "new show" w/the woman detective ... characters wanted ! My top three shows : 1. Monk 2. Burn Notice and 3. The Closer ... all 3 because of their Great Supporting Casts !

Shauna said...

My favorite part is her swingin' rhythm. Awesome!