Friday, May 2, 2008

Some Are Interesting, Some Are Not

Just as in life, in television some people are interesting and some are not. The last two weeks of Lost, for me, demonstrate this principle. I find Ben infinitely interesting. He's creepy and probably evil but I always want to know what's going to happen next with him. When he speaks, I listen carefully. I'm interested. Last week's episode that focused almost entirely on him was one of the best so far.


On the other hand, the whole Jack and Kate thing just isn't that compelling to me. Kate's nice to look at and Jack does the bug-eyed, "I'm going a little crazy" thing really well but the two of them together elicits from me a big ol' "Meh." I was actually disappointed last night when Juliet made it clear that she knows Jack is in love with Kate rather than her. Why was I disappointed? Because Juliet is interesting and she brought some cool complication to the brunette Barbie-fest that is Jack and Kate.

Other fave characters from Lost are Sayid, Charlie, Hurley, Desmond and Penelope, and most of the freighter folk.

Other TV show characters I really like are:

Brothers and Sisters
: Sarah, Holly, Justin, and Rebecca. (And don't you think I'm not looking forward to the yelling and screaming soapiness that's to take place this Sunday night when Rebecca confronts Holly over lying about who her father really is.)

Dancing With The Stars
: K-Gooch simply because of her sheer domination and Marisa Jaret Winkour simply because she is one of the loudest people I've ever seen on the earth ever. It's like watching Fizzgig from The Dark Crystal in a gown and cha-cha heels.



(You be the judge.)

October Road: Why, no one. No one at all.

2 comments:

Paul and Linda said...

You have obviously never watched "Monk" with the best supporting cast since "Mash", nor "Burn Notice". These are up-coming series for the summer on some cable channel ... Lifetime, maybe, but you don't have cable ... rent ! Characters wanted !

Suzy said...

October Road's not even on anymore. Geez.

Also on the list of characters I don't like on Lost: annoying bio-chemist girl with the red hair who only has 2 facial expressions; stunned or pissed. She speaks Korean now?! Come on!